How Can a Hawaii Slip and Fall Personal Injury Attorney Help Me?
After a slip and fall injury, you need an attorney who will listen carefully to your situation and help you seek the compensation you need for your injuries. At the Recovery Law Center, our Honolulu slip and fall attorneys do this and more.
We are committed to going above and beyond in the service of our clients. We actively fight for your rights, which includes making sure that you have the care you need and the best representation to pursue the full compensation that you are owed.
When it comes to personal injury claims, insurance adjusters have many tactics to try to pay as little as possible on a claim. They may call you soon after the accident and pressure you into accepting a tiny settlement. Adjusters may also attempt to trick you into making statements that they can twist and use as a reason not to pay you anything.
Rather than risking these outcomes, you should hire a slip and fall attorney to handle all negotiations with insurance companies and defendants on your behalf.
It is important that your legal representation is familiar with the laws in the state where your claim will be brought. Whether you are visiting Hawaii or you live here on the islands, we highly recommend that you choose an attorney who understands our state laws and the overall environment where your injuries occurred.
At the Recovery Law Center in Honolulu, we have a team of legal professionals here in Hawaii who can give you the representation you need. Having local lawyers on your case can make the difference.
Compensation Available After a Slip and Fall Accident
Compensation available in a slip and fall case may include both economic and non-economic damages. After being injured in a slip and fall case, you could be eligible to secure compensation for losses including:
- Medical Bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings potential
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful death, including funeral expenses and loss of income
At the Recovery Law Center, we will work with you to calculate all of your losses, and we will use all of our resources to fight for your success.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere, but they are generally the result of careless maintenance and upkeep of a property. The most common causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Loose floors and flooring materials
- Poor lighting
- Spills on floors
- Tripping hazards on floors
- Improperly maintained areas
- Torn carpeting
- Faulty staircases
- Unmarked hazards
- Escalator malfunction
Nearly any kind of dangerous condition can cause a slip and fall accident. At the Recovery Law Center, we are available to help you build a case for your injuries. Our respectful and compassionate legal professionals appreciate the severity of your injuries and we will make every effort to seek the justice you deserve.
Common Places Where Slip and Fall Accidents Occur
Based on the sheer frequency of slip and fall accidents, they can truly happen anywhere. Here in Hawaii, some of the most frequent places we see these accidents occur are:
- Poorly maintained sidewalks
- Damaged roads
- Parking lots
- Office buildings
- Construction sites
- Public areas
- Private property
Property owners have a duty to maintain their property in a reasonably safe condition. Areas in disrepair or with unmarked hazards pose a threat to visitors, guests, and patrons. Even if your injury occurred on private property or public areas such as sidewalks, you may still be able to file a claim for compensation.
What to Do If You’ve Been Hurt in a Fall
A fall resulting in severe injuries can be a terrifying situation that leaves you feeling helpless. The assistance of an experienced Honolulu slip and fall attorney like Glenn Honda at the Recovery Law Center can offer support and guidance through a stressful time.
If you have been injured in a fall, here are several simple steps we recommend you take:
- Get the medical attention you need. Your health is the most important element of any accident claim. Some conditions could become fatal if left untreated, even though they may not show symptoms at first. Be sure to be examined by a medical professional and follow all instructions after your accident.
- Take photos of your injuries and the scene of your accident, if possible. If your injuries allow you to photograph the area and conditions that caused your accident, this could be important evidence. Hazards are often corrected after an accident, making it hard to prove exactly what caused your fall. If you have to go to the hospital immediately after your accident and are unable to take photos yourself, ask a friend or family member to do so for you.
- Make an accident report. If your accident happened at work, alert your supervisor and make an accident or incident report according to company procedure. If your accident happened in a business location or public space, notify management about the incident.
- Do not make statements about your accident. Do not say anything at the scene of the accident that might harm your claim. Stating that you are fine or apologizing in any way for the accident could allow insurance companies and ill-intentioned defendants to argue that the accident was your fault and that you don’t need compensation.
- Call the Recovery Law Center. Getting help from an experienced legal professional is key to the greatest chances of success in your claim. Our team is here to help you in Honolulu. We want to help you pursue all the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
If you are unable to take all of these actions yourself, don’t panic. Call Recovery Law Center as soon as possible and we can advise you on the best course of action given the circumstances of your case.